Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Subtle Realization

The Ladies Group last night was actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be. Usually it goes by pretty slowly with lots of awkward situations for me (since I'm the only unmarried AND single female in the group), but for some reason, last night didn't have that same feeling. It's only my third or fourth meeting, so it's hard to really judge a sense of progression within the group, but I definitely felt a bit more of comfort and familiarity with the group. I suppose that's just something that will continue to improve upon over time.

After getting home last night, I talked on the phone with Max for like an hour, and worked on my damned paper at the same time. It was such a stupidly easy paper, I can't believe I didn't do it beforehand. Like I said in yesterday's post; procrastination and I are partners in crime. I didn't end up finishing last night, since I passed out around 12:45. I got up at 5 am this morning and finished the rest. When I got to class this morning, I found out that I'd written twice as much as I needed to for the assignment. Go figure.

I have to work tonight 4-close, and if I could explain to you how badly I don't want to work tonight, well... Actually, I can't explain it to you. No words can describe how badly I don't want to work. I work at Jimmy Johns, and trust me, the only good thing about it is that my managers smoke so much weed they're the most laid-back people on this planet. Which means, yes, there is a fair amount of slacking that occurs. Then why, you ask, might I not like my job, if it entails slacking? Because it's boring. No one comes to our JJ's. There's a McDonald's literally like 10 seconds away, and fat-ass America would rather clog their arteries with greasy hamburgers than nice, healthy, sub sammiches. Their choice though. I just sit on my phone and text all the time.

Okay, honestly, now looking back on what I just wrote, I really have no reason whatsoever to be complaining. Laid-back managers, no work really that needs to be done, and I get to text my entire shift. Sounds pretty easy, actually. It's just that I don't do well with things that are boring and go by slowly. That's the torture of it all.

My emotions are getting all crazy. Yes, I know, big change in subject, but my mind is feeling random today. Sometimes I wish it wasn't possible to love, just so we wouldn't have to deal with the pain and the misery that it causes. But shortly after those wishes, I change my mind completely. When I think about love and all of the wonderful and amazing feelings it causes people to feel, it greatly outweighs all if the negatives. Unfortunately, love is like a game of chance, and most times rather than not, you're going to experience the negative effects of love. Well, at least in my experiences, anyways.

No, I'm not saying I'm experiencing "love" at the moment, or anything relatively near it. I suppose I'm just getting excited about things that have a lot of possibility, at this point. It's a little frustrating, but as all things are, I guess. No need to state any specifics at this point... ;)

I added a photo from my last photo shoot. I'm trying to get a few more gigs lined up for the next few weeks... I'd really like to start shooting again! Might be a possible shoot sometime later this week, so I'm excited about that. I miss modeling so much. It's just so slow in the winter since everybody and their damn mothers go into hibernation. I honestly can't wait for spring, or just warmer weather in general. The high for today is 38 degrees, and it should be almost 45 degrees tomorrow and Friday! :) SO excited about that.

I'm starving. I'm gonna go make a can of chicken noodle soup and clean the bathrooms. I'll probably be running late, no surprise, as I scurry off for work. Maybe I can go tanning if I hurry my booty up !!! Ha. Yeah. Who am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment